many of my online friends have wishlists. you, o beloved non-existants, are probably very familiar with them. for those of you who, like me, might be a bit uneducated in this field, a wishlist is a site where you can add links to online shopping sites for items you wish to have but can't necessarily afford.
the surprising thing about wishlists is not that they exist, so much as that people actually buy their friends things off of their wishlists. (i must just be a collossally shitty friend.)
this got me to thinking: i have a wishlist in my head a mile long. but most of the stuff you would find on it would be stupidly expensive, and truth be told, i would feel a little bad if someone dropped the mosca
to get me any of it, and furthermore, most of it is not the kinds of things you are going to find readily available on a site somewhere.
but let's, for the sake of argument, and because my creative energy is clearly in a slump, take a moment to go over my wishlist. and who knows? maybe you, the beloved (and no doubt getting annoyed with the truly boring nature of posts of late) non-existant readers may have something off the list collecting dust in a garage, attic, or basement, and would actually be glad to be rid of it. (and truth be told, this idea appeals to me more than someone reading the list, surfing the web for an item, buying it, and mailing it off to me--but face it, this post is really just a post for posting's sake, and no one is really even reading this far.)
my wishlist (finally!):
* a pair of black doc martens, (size 10 us, 10 to 14 i, worn but not destroyed would be wonderful).
* any bettie page t-shirts (size XL) and/or stickers (can never have too many. unless you ask my wife, in which case, i already
have too many!)
* thursday's full collapse
cd (i have a copy).
* an upright bass (any upright bass, as long as it doesn't need extensive repairs. if it was in need of a part or two i might go out and find and add simply, or a small glue/clamp job, i could manage that. wear from being loved/played/used is a plus).
* converse all stars (size 10 us, and worn but not destroyed. i have somewhere around 9 or ten pairs of chucks, so going out to buy me new ones would just be silly. but if you were to have old pairs that have been loved, that is keen).
* any guitars/basses or parts, functioning or not (always in search of new projects, and having a plethera of parts and bits n such is always a good plan (just ignore my wife's cries of "you need more
* a dead kennedys t-shirt (a simple one with the "dk" logo, size XL, and preferably preworn some as long as it isn't too holey and not shrunken too much--i am a tubby and tall bastard, and shrunken shirts make me look doofy).
* deftones' b sides & rarities
* a hunter s. thompson t-shirt (size XL).
* a five-string bass (at this point, any 5-string is fine, and i can do many repairs myself, from cosmetic fixes to adding parts to rewiring).
* any used dickies or carhartt workclothes (34 to 38 waist, 30 to 32 length on pants, size XL on shirts. worn, beat, holey, all fine. the only deal breakers on this would be excessive paint or grease stains).
* any art supplies for drawing/painting (i am always looking for more brushes, pencils, pens, canvases, what-have-you, because, again, you can never have too many (unless you ask my wife)).
* a black leather console lid/armrest for a '93 to '96 lincoln mark viii (the latch on mine is broken, and if i bump it with my elbow, it pops up. if you were to have any other parts for a mark viii of this vintage, (because all of you have moldering lincolns in your driveways, you know you do!) i would dig them as well, no doubt).
* any assorted mics, mic stands, cables and wires (as long as they're functional, i aint picky).
* a william s. burroughs t-shirt (size XL (and why do i keep capitalizing that?!? i never capitalize anything but i am managing to capitalize that every time! what the hell is wrong with me?)).
* cymbals (any halfway decent zildjians or paistes would be swell, two hi hats, two crashes, a ride and a splash).
* any star wars action figures, playsets, or vehicles. (i know, i know, i am a huge dork, but we already knew this).
* a gibson ripper bass (in good working order, though cosmetically it can be beat. actually, i have some parts i could swap from my nonfunctioning one, so as long as the truss rod was fine, the frets were in good shape, the body and neck were solid, and it has the original working pickups, i could put it together between the two. black would be preferred, but beggars can't and all that, right?)
so there it is. not a mile long after all, perhaps, but still very narcissistic and selfish and self-serving just the same, and as you, the beloved non-existants well know, i am not really very egotistical, and am now having a whole battle with myself for even pressing the publish post
button, but i really don't have anything else going on here, so--
Labels: selfish prick