Tuesday, March 17, 2009

running late and hitting all the red lights

today at the doctor's office, the easy listening station played green day's "i walk alone." i am getting old. i feel disconnected from the things that are important to me. awash.

i want more coffee, more sleep, more money, more time. i want answers, and i want them now.

the time to stop global warming, the time to take action, the time to reverse the effects was 50 years ago. i hate to be the one to tell us, but we're fucked. on the flip side, how do we know this isn't the natural order of things? centuries ago, the earth went through a massive ice age. prior to that, the climate was more tropical in areas that are now more temperate. noah wylie battles to save the polar bears. did anyone battle to save the mastodon? diplodicus? the saber toothed tiger? fuck the polar bear, they can't handle the heat, it wasn't mean to be.

and maybe that will be curtains for us as well. maybe that is as it should be. we've been doing a bang-up job of fucking shit up on this little marble on the massive game of onesies for several millenia, and maybe our time is past.

i hate being the bastard dad. i fucking hate having my hand forced. i deplore that despicable, cold-hearted cocksucker motherfucker that is brought to the surface when the nice dad, the easy-going fella, gets sick of being walked all over. i would drown that cunt in alcohol, bury him under a mountain of legos; but the truth is, sometimes i need him. pass me another gin n tonic...?

twenty-something fucking years later, and the truth is; the arguments, the questions, the concerns, the battles: they're all the same. some recurring cycle. a skipping record. a cd player set to random repeat. is there no running from it? no escaping it? do these concerns ever resolve? or is it like clothing styles? wait long enough, everyone will have forgotten, and we will spring them anew on the general public like we had some magical original idea.

this too shall pass.

darth sardonic

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lara said...

I am sure you have many magical original ideas to present to the world, DS. Your blog is certainly evidence of that.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Sandrine said...

I need answers too and sometimes I feel completely overwhelmed by all the things I don't know and I am powerless about and I have this feeling of emptiness overtaking me. Then I remember it's pizza day and I have to give three people a dollar so they have a good day and I know why I'm here.

6:03 AM  
Blogger darth sardonic said...

ty lara.

yeah sandrine, that is pretty much the deal i think.

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home