Friday, May 20, 2011

There is another world There is a better world...

as promised, life is back to as normal as life can be, and i am done being morose for the time-being. i guess i didn't really have much else to say at this juncture except that the funk that was clouding my post about my graduation is gone.

in a completely unrelated topic, why is it that a woman who could easily be my daughter (street-legal, as it were, but still in the late teens/early twenties and therefore young enough to be the firstborn of a dude who is going to be 40 (yes! 40! (?!?)) next month) make coquettish eyes at me and flirt? and no! no, no, no. saying something like, "you're hot" et al is not really answering the question for me. i am curious as to what the driving attraction for her would be, not necessarily to me specifically, but to a man who is obviously older. as a writer, i feel i need to at least have a basic understanding of what is going on in her head.

and yes, a young blonde with a lip piercing who was graduating with me was doing exactly this before the crowd expanded and she was pushed away to find some other guy to flirt with. i was simply being polite back, o my beloved non-existent readers, lest ye think in some way my heart is straying from my lovely wife. but in all honesty it is a weird combination of emotions involved for me: i am flattered (i mean, after all, i am a dude. a dude who doesn't really think of himself as sexy. or hot. and everyone wants to feel attractive. this is completely set apart from my feelings for my wife.), and at the same time, i automatically think, why the fuck is she flirting with me as i am obviously much older and there are at least 50 hotter younger buffer guys nearby?

my wife simply says (as she does, matter-of-factly, as if it should've been so clear to me) "it's cause you're sexy." i sure do love her.

and when i pose the same concern about what is going on in a woman's head to my wife, she just as matter-of-factly says, "security."

can the woman's thought process really be boiled down to one word? was this lady thinking that by making eyes at me we would have a long conversation, fall in love, and i would take care of her till i grow old and die and then leave her to pine for another 20 years until she herself is finally old too?

somehow i doubt that.

comments from anyone (but especially women) as to what sorts of thoughts, however random, back this action are most welcome. it is not necessary to make confessions, i am not asking anyone for their sordid past. generalities are sufficient. i would just like to approximate an understanding of the woman's mind on this. thanks.

darth sardonic

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sandrine said...

Darth,
In most species,the female goes for a strong/reliable or powerful male.It usually means that his genes are good genes and will ensure good offsprings.It can manifest itself in our species by tall/older (meaning stable)/richer/confident, basically whoever will seem to be able to ensure protection to the youngs.
Male however go for youth/health or the appearance of it as the female need to be healthy to bear the youngs.;0)
Take care.
Sandrine

5:57 PM  
Blogger darth sardonic said...

hahaha sandrine, i don't think of myself as any of those things lol

4:42 AM  
Blogger Art and Vintage Enthusiast! said...

Darth
Perhaps said nymphette was simply practicing her coquettish ways with someone whom she thought might be a safe bet to be flattered by her attentions and wouldn't utterly humiliate her due to being older and wiser?
Perhaps she is just a slut?
Perhaps she is a home wrecker?
Perhaps she wasn't flirting at all and your ego just thinks she was? Perhaps your wife put her up to it to see what you'd do?
Shall I go on? There are more but I don't want to be a bore or a boar.
Just some thoughts to consider?....
Bohemian

10:07 PM  
Blogger darth sardonic said...

good questions all, bohemian. thanks for reading

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home