Sunday, June 17, 2007

happy father's day

happy father's day to one and all.

i'm going to a bar-b-que at my mom's, which is sure to be fun, because my brother and his wife, who is, to put it nicely, "off", will be there with their hellion kids (not that mine are angels, but i battle to keep them behaving. my brother and his wife's idea of getting their kids to behave is to follow them all over the house spouting a constant litany: "c don't touch that. c put that down. c don't do that you're gonna break it. c quit climbing on that. god kid you are driving me crazy. c stop that...."), and overall, my brother and i can tolerate each other's presence (but only for so long).

family dynamics are fun. wheee.

what i really want for father's day (barring the ability to transport my wife back here for a weekend), is someone else to watch my kids for a weekend while i fuck off to hawaii or cancun or aruba.

oh, and world peace, a winged unicorn, and my own personal rainbow complete with pot of gold.

again, happy father's day to all those dads out there.

and to you too, dad.

darth sardonic

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Fire Byrd said...

But what are you going to do with a winged unicorn??? The rest i understand.

Not having a father today hasn't been of much significance to me or youngest, but he and i have had a bloody good row instead.... hey ho! Not what i need right now.

hope you and your bro hold it together .
px

9:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, Happy Father's day to you too! You're a good guy.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Keeping It Real said...

I'm missing out on a family reunion and Father's Day party for my grandfather today in my hometown. Couldn't make it due to work skeds and other crap.

And I'm furious with my hubs, to boot. So yeah, happy freakin' father's day to all the mean, er men out there. (Sorry Darth. I'll contain my rantings at my own blog henceforth)

10:54 AM  
Blogger wakeupandsmellthecoffee said...

Happy Father's Day, Darthman ( I hope you don't mind me calling you that. I can just hear Bart Simpson's voice saying it). You're doing a super job.

1:15 AM  
Blogger lady macleod said...

Happy Father's Day dear! Just keep at it, trust me on this one, you will be glad.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Elsie Button said...

a winged unicorn eh.

what is 'off' about your sister-in-law?!

happy fathers day.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home