Friday, May 16, 2008

it's all those little things...

yesterday, when the alarm blaringly wrenched me from some wonderful dream in which i was entrenched, the wife rolled over to turn it off, and rolled back over, draping an arm across my chest, and placing a knee across my--errr, ummmm, we'll call it my stomach, yeah?

how much i miss these early morning cuddles we used to have when i was not a working stiff! before the kids were up and in those ten minutes that the snooze button loans us.

i basked in this warm touch for a few minutes before dragging myself free of the twisted covers, and begrudgingly wrapping my wife around my pillow.

this morning, my lunch is made and in the fridge, made in advance for me by my wife while i dozed fitfully on the couch. i wish i could tell her how much that means to me, but don't want to wake her.

then there she is, in a robe, rubbing her eyes.

we exchange morning pleasantries (she is more of a morning person than i), and i tell her "thank you for making me lunch" and she does the cutesie smile face that she does that reminds me of a little school girl who has just been lavished praise by a teacher, and i do something i don't do this early in the morning, o my beloved non-existant readers:

i smile.

darth sardonic

then

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger zirelda said...

Awwww.... what a nice moment to share with us.

7:08 AM  
Blogger darth sardonic said...

ty z

11:59 AM  
Blogger wakeupandsmellthecoffee said...

That is so sweet.

5:43 AM  
Blogger darth sardonic said...

ty wuastc

11:17 AM  
Blogger Krissie said...

*dies a little inside*

Don't you know I don't believe in love? Why are you making it hard for me?

1:09 PM  
Blogger Mme. A. said...

This is so cute. It's nice to see that people love each other. And I can tell you that your wife cherishes you as much as you do. It's in the eyes, it's in the smile. when you feel loved you just bloom. Inside and out.

Good to see that you get along just fine.

:-)

7:09 PM  
Blogger darth sardonic said...

krissie-believing in love is like believing in god or any other intangible thing; you believe or don't believe, but you never know when something will come along and change your mind completely, heh heh.

archenar-ty, and if you read back to last summer, you'll really see just how much we love each other.

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home