Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sleeping is my 9 to 5...

this morning (and it is early still here), i went upstairs to wake up no. 2 to get ready for school. i'm not fully caffeinated yet, but take the nice and pleasant approach:

"hey, hey buddy. it's time to get uuup."

i rub his back softly with the flat of my palm, and he stirs and he rolls over. with half-lidded eyes, he asks, "why you wake me up for?"

"cause it is time to get up and get ready for school."

"we don't have skoo on saturdays n sundays."

"what day is today?"

he scrunches up his eyes in thought, tilting his head, and taps his temple with one index finger: "lemme check my brain. hmmm."

several more seconds of this method-actor bit, while i smile and try not to laugh outright, and then:

"fursday."

"so get up and get dressed."

i think it might be a very good day, o beloved non-existent readers (a new non-existent, and avid spellchecker, has informed me that all these years i have been spelling it wrong. how bout that? she also informed me if i spelled it wrong again, she would throttle me. violently.)

and a phrase for today that we don't use nearly enough: make hay while the sun shines.

darth sardonic

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Lara said...

I thought you were spelling it that way for a particular reason.

"violently"? Egad.

; )

1:09 PM  
Blogger darth sardonic said...

nope lara, just not very bright. and yes, she's very adamant about spelling properly.

3:00 AM  
Blogger Sandrine said...

Hi Darth,
I didn't think anything of it because it is the French spelling!
I don't like Fursdays as much as Fridays ;0)
5 weeks of school left!
Today is May day and in France people give each other Lillies of the valley to wish happiness for the coming year.
I wish you and your family a lot of happiness.Beaucoup de bonheur.
Take care.
Sandrine

6:38 AM  
Blogger darth sardonic said...

ty so much sandrine, and lillies back to you and yours. felicidades, salud, y buena suerte

10:49 AM  
Blogger darth sardonic said...

a very interesting view sexy, i agree with the bit about honeybee dances as a metaphor for life.

3:24 AM  
Blogger Glitterstim said...

I gotta agree with sexy. LOL Your post reminds me why I like being a Mommy. I keep pics around of my kids when they were little to remind me of that when things are tough....

Take care!
:o) BJ

7:09 AM  
Blogger darth sardonic said...

thanks blogget!

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home