Thursday, September 02, 2004

what's in a name...?

i'll tell ya(cause apparently i can't talk enough about codiene (i always do this, i love some band, but then go months or even years w/o listening to their stuff, then one day i bust out one of their cds to listen to while doing the dishes or whatever, and i remind myself why i like em in the first place, so i binge like a fucking crack-baby on their shit for like a month or two, then go another year or whatever w/o listening to em, ad nauseum)).

also, i kinda figured out a way to describe what codiene sounds like. they sound like coldplay would if they fired their keyboardist, told the drummer to mistreat his kit a little bit, told the guitarist to crank up the distortion and do away with all the pansy-assed effects, and the lead singer suddenly started hating gwyneth and their kid. my wife hates this comparison, because she hates codiene, and likes coldplay. i like coldplay to, i just liked em better when they were called radiohead.

anyways, what this line means to me: i always felt like this line describes my life. not so much anymore, cause i feel like for the most part things are finally going my way(say, in the last six years), but in my past. i also liked the smiths' "please please please let me get what i want this time" (or just about any smiths' tune for that matter). "star-crossed" implies that the things that go wrong in your life are beyond your control, that the universe has conspired against you. it's romantic. romeo and juliet were "star-crossed" lovers, and those kinds of people are tragic heroes, and they probably get some reward in heaven or wherever. i mean, right after they rode the arsenic highway, i believe that romeo and juliet were bangin' it on a cloud. they were "star-crossed" or "ill-fated" or whatever. we remember them for this. also, "star-crossed" can be a temporary situation, as the stars move, and hence don't stay crossed forever.

"just unlucky" means your life sucks. nobody gives a fuck. and that's it.

now, again, i no longer feel like this really describes my life. i have a very good life, and am not as mopey and morose as i used to be. i also no longer believe that when you're "unlucky" that nobody gives a fuck. i am surrounded by people who give a fuck, and whom i in turn give a fuck about. but it's still an absolutely great fucking line, hence my new blog title.

in other news, no. 2 got up twice last night, much to my chagrine. and on days when i get little sleep, no. 1 acts like he got little sleep, with much tantrum throwing, weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth, which, in my fragile state is going to get him killed. no, not really, just figuratively.

later on today, i will drag my kids to a special playgroup (maybe someday i will write a blog explaining why i take my kids to playgroups that i have no desire attending and at which they are sure to misbehave), where i will be the only stay-home dad, and where the only women who will even acknowledge my existance will be no. 2's therapist and my case-worker (but to their credit, they go way out of their way to make me feel comfortable). all the other stay-home mothers will look at me with distrust, and shy away, and it'll be kinda like high school all over again, where i will be the odd duck and feel horribly out of place, all due to things that are completely beyond my control...

god, listen to me whine, for fuck's sake! jesus! but honestly, i would like the stay-home moms to be a little more enlightened and accept a stay-home dad as one of their own. i'm a nice guy, i am not a freaky pedophile (quite the opposite, i don't even find most 18-year-olds to be in my parameters), and i am not a stay-home dad as a means for finding women whith whom to have meaningless sex. i chose to be a stay-home dad because i was at a point in my life where it was feasible, and my wife has a decent job, and there you have it. can't wait to start getting to know the punky mothers and fathers of mamatropolis.

but i have pissed and moaned long enough (too long probably), and will call this a day cause i need to go google "nico" and scroll through what's sure to be thousands of pages of bullshit so that my curiosity can be quenched.

darth sardonic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home