Monday, August 27, 2007

the earliness of the hour

i think i will be vindicated before the court when i explain that my kids awoke at some hour prior to 4:30 am, and proceeded to turn every light in the house on, and reenact scenes from movies and video games inches from my ear at top volume (and you say, "yer still awive!" you say "yer still awive!" no. 2! YOU SAY "YER STILL AWIVE!"), and after i found myself freed from my prone position to something akin to early man's posture (upright is certainly not the right word, o my beloved non-existants), proceeded to say "daddy daddy daddy" about 450 times in two minutes, and whine about absolutely everything while the cats conveyed to me that they were starving in the only way they know how (the word is caterwaul). i think the jury will look on me with sad, reminiscent understanding, and the judge lean out across his desk and say, "bailiff, release this man, he is free!" before banging his gavel resoundingly.

it completely baffles me how i could put my kids in their bedroom at 6:30 pm, after which they proceed to wrestle around noisily until 8:30 or 9:00 pm, (sometimes, later), and still awake so early, and with the kind of nervous energy that one finds in tweekers on a 48-hour bender.

thank god for coffee.

ten more days, he he heeee.

darth sardonic

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Queen Vixen said...

Ah yes! Its not good is it? It does change - my daughter never used to sleep at all. Now she is 14 she regularly makes it to 12 noon before emerging from under the duvet. You could try a little sound proofing or alternativly jump awake, 21st century upright stance - greet the day with a smile and a holla. Ok Ok, stick with the coffee xx

8:24 AM  
Blogger Fire Byrd said...

10 days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
px

11:21 AM  
Blogger Sparx said...

OH. MY. GOD!!!! I SOOOO hope I do not have this to look forward to... you are a man of steel...

1:51 AM  
Blogger zirelda said...

That would be why I only have one....

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home