Wednesday, May 28, 2008

vonny grahzny bratchnies

i have been doing terrible at this whole blog thing lately, it appears.

not that there is an overage of new things going on, really. i continue to put my drumset together piece by piece (got my first paycheck yesterday, so that is going to help greatly), eat and drink on the cove, work on my magnum crappus as i have time and energy (basically, nearly never), and in general try to enjoy my free time.

work is still wonderful. well, except the early morning start-time, but then, nothing is perfect right?

no. 1 lost his first tooth. he doesn't like to do anything like other kids, and so in true no. 1 fashion, he lost a tooth on his lower front, instead of the usual upper front tooth that most kids do to start. he was very excited, and the tooth fairy took him to see indiana jones and the kingdom of ridiculously long titles.

now, here is the rub, o my beloved and fair non-existant readers, my droogs and only friends, i am a huge, and i mean huuuuge indiana jones fan. have been since the first time indy dodged a booby trap.

and the new indy movie is pretty good. but i am not sure it fits completely with the rest of the movies.

if nothing else, the opener, compared to the beginnings of the other three (poison, dodging darts, rhino horns, a battle over antidote and diamonds, a giant boulder, whipping oneself in the chin) left alot to be desired. i wasn't roped in like i had been in the past.

still, the kids loved it, it is the first movie we have seen in the theater since the last lord of the rings butt-sleep inducing megamovie, and i still enjoyed the movie, but it was lacking a little something. or is it that i am just older and harder to please?

either way.

darth sardonic

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Fire Byrd said...

Yo Darth,
I've been re incarnated and it's taken a time to find old mates so as one of your non exsistant readers thought I'd prove that it wasn't true and I've returned.
bbx

4:03 AM  
Blogger zirelda said...

You're older, Indiana is older and the world is just that much more jaded than it used to be.

How fun it is to lose a tooth. Rach seemed to lose them and then lose them. When we cleaned out the poppy field we found one that we think she lost and lost again.

But she already got $$ for it so even though she argued, she didn't get to double dip the tooth fairy.

10:20 AM  
Blogger darth sardonic said...

well welcome back pixie, or byrd, i will get you readded to my pals list soon.

z, yes, so true. and lol at double dipping the tooth fairy.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Krissie said...

I was gonna suggest the older and harder to please before I reached the end of the post but then it seemed redundant.

Random fact: we don't have tooth fairies here. I gave up my baby teeth for free. It makes me feel cheated on. LOL

12:46 PM  
Blogger darth sardonic said...

that is a shame krissie, you should demand all your money! lol

2:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home