Saturday, November 22, 2008

wishlist

many of my online friends have wishlists. you, o beloved non-existants, are probably very familiar with them. for those of you who, like me, might be a bit uneducated in this field, a wishlist is a site where you can add links to online shopping sites for items you wish to have but can't necessarily afford.

the surprising thing about wishlists is not that they exist, so much as that people actually buy their friends things off of their wishlists. (i must just be a collossally shitty friend.)

this got me to thinking: i have a wishlist in my head a mile long. but most of the stuff you would find on it would be stupidly expensive, and truth be told, i would feel a little bad if someone dropped the mosca to get me any of it, and furthermore, most of it is not the kinds of things you are going to find readily available on a site somewhere.

but let's, for the sake of argument, and because my creative energy is clearly in a slump, take a moment to go over my wishlist. and who knows? maybe you, the beloved (and no doubt getting annoyed with the truly boring nature of posts of late) non-existant readers may have something off the list collecting dust in a garage, attic, or basement, and would actually be glad to be rid of it. (and truth be told, this idea appeals to me more than someone reading the list, surfing the web for an item, buying it, and mailing it off to me--but face it, this post is really just a post for posting's sake, and no one is really even reading this far.)

my wishlist (finally!):

* a pair of black doc martens, (size 10 us, 10 to 14 i, worn but not destroyed would be wonderful).
* any bettie page t-shirts (size XL) and/or stickers (can never have too many. unless you ask my wife, in which case, i already have too many!)
* thursday's full collapse cd (i have a copy).
* an upright bass (any upright bass, as long as it doesn't need extensive repairs. if it was in need of a part or two i might go out and find and add simply, or a small glue/clamp job, i could manage that. wear from being loved/played/used is a plus).
* converse all stars (size 10 us, and worn but not destroyed. i have somewhere around 9 or ten pairs of chucks, so going out to buy me new ones would just be silly. but if you were to have old pairs that have been loved, that is keen).
* any guitars/basses or parts, functioning or not (always in search of new projects, and having a plethera of parts and bits n such is always a good plan (just ignore my wife's cries of "you need more of these?!?")).
* a dead kennedys t-shirt (a simple one with the "dk" logo, size XL, and preferably preworn some as long as it isn't too holey and not shrunken too much--i am a tubby and tall bastard, and shrunken shirts make me look doofy).
* deftones' b sides & rarities cd.
* a hunter s. thompson t-shirt (size XL).
* a five-string bass (at this point, any 5-string is fine, and i can do many repairs myself, from cosmetic fixes to adding parts to rewiring).
* any used dickies or carhartt workclothes (34 to 38 waist, 30 to 32 length on pants, size XL on shirts. worn, beat, holey, all fine. the only deal breakers on this would be excessive paint or grease stains).
* any art supplies for drawing/painting (i am always looking for more brushes, pencils, pens, canvases, what-have-you, because, again, you can never have too many (unless you ask my wife)).
* a black leather console lid/armrest for a '93 to '96 lincoln mark viii (the latch on mine is broken, and if i bump it with my elbow, it pops up. if you were to have any other parts for a mark viii of this vintage, (because all of you have moldering lincolns in your driveways, you know you do!) i would dig them as well, no doubt).
* any assorted mics, mic stands, cables and wires (as long as they're functional, i aint picky).
* a william s. burroughs t-shirt (size XL (and why do i keep capitalizing that?!? i never capitalize anything but i am managing to capitalize that every time! what the hell is wrong with me?)).
* cymbals (any halfway decent zildjians or paistes would be swell, two hi hats, two crashes, a ride and a splash).
* any star wars action figures, playsets, or vehicles. (i know, i know, i am a huge dork, but we already knew this).
* a gibson ripper bass (in good working order, though cosmetically it can be beat. actually, i have some parts i could swap from my nonfunctioning one, so as long as the truss rod was fine, the frets were in good shape, the body and neck were solid, and it has the original working pickups, i could put it together between the two. black would be preferred, but beggars can't and all that, right?)

so there it is. not a mile long after all, perhaps, but still very narcissistic and selfish and self-serving just the same, and as you, the beloved non-existants well know, i am not really very egotistical, and am now having a whole battle with myself for even pressing the publish post button, but i really don't have anything else going on here, so--

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Fire Byrd said...

it's funny isn't it the idea of wanting something, almost as if it's a sin.... We get so hooked on being seen as giving that sometimes we forget that we can be needy to and that it is ok.
Would send you anything off that list if I only knew what any of it was!!!!
have a hug instead!
x

9:38 AM  
Blogger darth sardonic said...

that is a very good point byrd, and ty for passing it along. i am now guilt-free. lol, i will take the hug over any of the things on my list any day!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Krissie said...

I used to have purple Doc Martens. Man, I loved those boots.

Oh and I don't have any of the things you wish for. Sorry.

12:12 PM  
Blogger darth sardonic said...

sok, krissie, was mostly just killing time

2:31 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

I actually have a bunch of star wars stuff that I tried to sell on ebay as a whole lot. never sold. I don't know what to do with them and I would be glad to pass them on to you. It ranges from a few action figures to some happy meal toys to vintage drinking glasses and if I remember right, a ship or two. Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you a pix and you can pick out what you want. I'm TRYING to clean house and I hate tossing stuff that I know other people might want, so I'd rather give 'em away.

my email is cattyjenny(at)aol(dot)com

10:46 AM  
Blogger darth sardonic said...

ty, jenny, i am very interested. i will shoot you an email later today.

2:12 AM  
Blogger Sandrine said...

Hi Darth,
The only things I would have would be Star Wars stuff but I couldn't send any to you or my husband would probably divorce me!
Good luck in your hunt.It seems like fun.
Take care.
Sandrine

9:00 AM  
Blogger darth sardonic said...

lol sandrine, i am not trying to induce the divorce of anyone, but ty for reading.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Sandrine said...

Hi Darth,
DJ tagged me and I tagged you.Feel free to change the categories.
Take care.
Sandrine

5:29 AM  
Blogger darth sardonic said...

ty sandrine i will do it soon

2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home