Wednesday, March 22, 2006

a post for posting's sake

simply so i can say that i posted two days in a row: here it is.

i am in a weird mood today, as it turns out, and can't really even tack a label on why. upheaval delicately balanced with wit and laughter with friends seems to be the word of the day.

i broke a string on my bass the other day, and since have been playing it with only three strings. i break strings on my bass alot. most bass players don't but i seem to have a heavy-handed slap/pluck style, and am just hard on my basses in general. and why not? i refer to whatever bass i might be playing at any given moment as "my bitch", so i guess i oughtta rough em up a bit? who knows. but having only three strings on there reminds me of how much i play by feel. i end up playing a riff on the wrong string as a result of missing the bottom one. yeah, more strings are in the mail.

i actually have two days off in a row, and spent this one watching jarhead with me mates e and q, and my roomie (who has graciously replaced the bastard who shall heretofore be known as our awol drummer), a, and drinking some beautiful german alcohol that gives me a great buzz without any of the harshness usually associated with buzzing. i am, quite literally, happily buzzed in a completely aware and sharp kind of way. those germans sure do know how to make alcohol. and lloyd, if you're out there and can hear me, you sure know how to pick it. this one's for you.

i wasn't really going anywhere with any of this (but, then again, when am i ever, right, o my little droogies?), just kinda letting whatever flow, and so far it's sucking, yeah? i mean, you don't have to sugar-coat it kids, this particular blog is uninspired in the worst way.

but i did post two days in a row!

until next time, hepcats and kittens,

darth sardonic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home