Wednesday, September 05, 2007

tomorrow, tomorrow

i love ya, tomorrow...

today is no. 1's first day of kindergarten. he was so excited that he took a fraction of the time that i thought it would take to get ready, and we ended up at the school ridiculously early. oh, how lovely, these days that are markers in my children's lives. oh, how funny that i am the one that has the trouble letting go, hahaha.

the house is clean. the beds are made. there is nothing left for me to do but wait. and wait. and wait some more. but in less than 28 hours, i will be holding my wife.

and bawling, you can fucking bet money on it.

this is the to-do list i made when she left:

TO DO THIS SUMMER:

1.) fix flower beds/plant more flowers (done)
2.) organize shed (done)
3.) organize shelves dining room (done)
4.) go through kids' clothes (done)
5.) go through my clothes (done)
6.) get stories published (ummmm, i didn't even print any up to mail off)
7.) finish novel (i might've opened the word document once or twice to look at it)
8.) finish recording songs (i learned a bunch of new covers, does that count?)
9.) get no. 2 potty-trained (done)
10.) sippy cups disappear (done)
11.) binkies disappear (fuck yeah, motherfucker--errr, done)
12.) clean up itunes (so, i have to admit, i was never quite that bored)
13.) hang mirror (done)
14.) organize dvd's (done)

now, the funny thing about that list (other than when my mom said, "how do you plan to do all this when i have so much for you to do over at my house?") is mostly the only things i didn't accomplish were related to my creativity. i just did not have the energy to do alot of creating. i'm hoping i get it right back after she comes home tomorrow.

tomorrow.

yes, that is fucking-a right, tomorrow. and my kids are still alive, and i am almost sure there are a couple small shreds of my sanity hunkered down in a foxhole somewhere.

so i will leave you, the beloved non-existants, with that for now, and lord alone knows when i will return here to post again, but i will most definitely be back.

darth sardonic

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger wakeupandsmellthecoffee said...

Good luck with the fucking...excitement, I mean, you dirty-minded Darthman. Have a wonderful time with your wife.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Krissie said...

FINALLY!
Enjoy your time together!
(Hopefully you'll soon have enough material and time for blog again. You'll be missed. You know what would help? If you'd tell us in how many days you'd be back... lol)

10:59 PM  
Blogger Keeping It Real said...

Congratulations! They'll be no living with you now (in Blogland, that is.) Cherish every moment, K?

9:30 AM  
Blogger Keeping It Real said...

Oops! Don't like fixing typos in comments, but just noticed my faux pas. That should say, "There'll be no living with you now." (I'm a copy editor, so I had to redeem myself.)

9:32 AM  
Blogger Sparx said...

Ah, Darth! That's so good!! I can only imagine how happy you and the boys must be right now!! I look forward to seeing you back whenever you get here... drop in and say hello when you do. Yaaay!!!

4:39 PM  
Blogger lady macleod said...

Huzzah! Be happy!

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home