Sunday, October 21, 2007

Get up, come on get down with the sickness

i am ill. (i see all of you laughing and snickering together. i don't mean ill in the head. i have a cold.) i wasn't ill yesterday. that is to say, i toddled through my day, cleaning house in preparation for my wife's return from vegas, taking care of the kids, doing the things that needed to be done.

then, late at night, whammo!

and this morning i awoke, snotty and breathing through my mouth and headachey and bedraggled (wait, i awake bedraggled every day...)

so a short post today, but a couple of tidbits aimed at making you chuckle:

i would love to be cited as a real-world reference for a product in a commercial. it would be very colorful. here is what i thought to myself as i was cleaning the kitchen yesterday: "these paper towels fucking suck, give me some goddamn brawny!" now tell me that wouldn't make a cool commercial and inspire you to buy brawny paper towels on your next grocery shopping trip.

in the car the other day, nos. 1 and 2 asked the wife and i where we were going. i replied, "crazy, and you're driving!"

blink, blink.

then: "no, daddy, we can't, we don't have steering wheels."

god, i love my fucking cute kids.

darth sardonic

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Krissie said...

in the car the other day, nos. 1 and 2 asked the wife and i where we were going. i replied, "crazy, and you're driving!"

Ahahahaha, too funny. Then again, they have half of your genes. So it's basically one you driving yourself crazy. I think.

1:41 PM  
Blogger wakeupandsmellthecoffee said...

I think your kids have inherited your sense of humor. "No we don't have any steering wheels." LOL!!

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home