Friday, June 22, 2007

some people are just small, hard peas

sometimes i think it's me...

we here at not even star-crossed, just unlucky strive to bring you the best in blogger technology at regular intervals. if you have found our service to be lacking, please press...

heh heh, saw on one of my pal's blogs (can't remember off-hand which, and can't be arsed (what a great turn-of-phrase that is--i think it was pixie's blog i saw that in, totally gonna steal that too) to find out just now) that they had me linked as "not even star-crossed, just unlucky" as opposed to "darth sardonic", and the paragraph above totally popped into my head like the recording you might get when you call your insurance, or internet provider support line.

for my birthday, i received a head-cold. sinus head-aches, dripping nose, dry lips, sandpaper throat. it has taken me the better part of a week to kick it. actually, truth be told, it is still lurking about sometimes. hope to drown it in alcohol tonight. they use alcohol in hospitals to kill germs, right?

mostly, that didn't stop me from doing what needed to be done (read: i fucking had to do shit despite the fact that i felt like a pile of warm dung), but left little energy for the side-projects. just started to get back into the swing of things yesterday. (now that i am in the swing of things, if i could just get someone to give me a push... man, english is fucked up!)

when i was feeling the gunkiest, the days were sunny. bright, cheery, pleasant. now that i am feeling better, it is overcast. oh, cause that makes perfect sense. ty, o mighty whatever thing you are that is running the show up there, he he.

(i posted once about possible past lives i may have had, and i mentioned that i must have been close to (and teased incessantly) someone of significant religious importance, say jesus, or buddha (though i think it would've been ultra keen to have been chilling with vishnu), because the powers that be (and i would capitalize that probably, if i bothered to capitalize anything in this tiny flake of dead skin caught in the world wide web) seem to occasionally poke fun at me in mostly harmless ways.)

i guess, for now, we will leave it at that, o my beloved non-existant readers, and no doubt after tomorrow i will have a (hopefully) clever post about drunken party shenanigans (lo and behold, i had always been spelling that word with too many n's, my irish forebears would kick my mostly-german ass) and sundry silliness for your reading pleasure.

until then.

darth sardonic

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Keeping It Real said...

Sounds like someone could use a hug ... and a snot rag.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Fire Byrd said...

non exsistant am I ...pah!

Have a fab weekend now, if of course you can be arsed! and feel free to steal the expression cause i ain't copy writed it yet!

me I'm off to walk 10 miles for charity, should i have the alcohol before or after i do it??
px

12:01 AM  
Blogger DJ Kirkby said...

'some people are just small hard peas'... Darth I love this statement! I am going to use it in a story I am writing , if I have your permission?

1:08 AM  
Blogger Queen Vixen said...

The cold sounds grizzly - unlucky!

Enjoy your party!

5:00 AM  
Blogger darth sardonic said...

ty one and all, the cold is currently beating fuck out of me. well, it has help from the kids.

dj kirby, it is a line from a codiene song, "peas", so i guess as long as you give it proper credit, that would be ok.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Sparx said...

ah, poor you. So, how do you prefer to be linked, Darth or 'Not even' etc...? I have you as 'Not even...' and possibly can't be arsed to change it but you never know.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home