Saturday, July 14, 2007

pope says there is only one true church...

and it is not his.

sorry, i couldn't help myself, when i saw that headline on my online news thingie, and the picture that they had of the pope, this was the first thing that popped into my head.

how arrogant is it to think that there is only one true church?

i think they're all right. i think there is a heaven in space for each and every one of us (well, except the ones who are happy to just switch from living to worm food), seeing as the universe is a vast and unfathomable space, with infinite possibilities.

and in my travels, i have discovered that there are good and bad and misguided (because the misguided aren't necessarily good, per se, and certainly not bad, by my definition, but quite possibly in need of further enlightenment) with each and every different belief system that i have come in contact.

my heaven is going to be a big party, with revelry and joy and laughter and happiness, and everyone there will love everyone else, and we will all be close. no one will drink too much and get stupid, clothing is optional (we will all be perfect and enlightened, so nakedness will simply be a pleasure to behold, and won't cause jealousy or lascivious thoughts amongst the others), and everyone will have a good time. you are all invited to leave your respective heavens, and pop by for a gin and tonic, wine, or whatever drink or food you prefer, swap a story or two, and head back home.

i even told my atheist friend that i was going to pull her out of the ground, breathe life into her, and drag her up there so we could have a couple of drinks and laughs together, and if she changes her mind about the worm-food thing, no doubt we will have a spare room.

see you there.

darth sardonic

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger The Good Woman said...

I have to agree on the arrogance front. I like the sound of your heaven. If I visit yours, will you visit mine? It may be a slightly quieter place but very relaxing...

1:32 PM  
Blogger jAMiE said...

Sounds like a really cool place to hang out...i'm there.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Krissie said...

Funny, I don't have the picture of my ideal heaven (is that tautology?).
But I don't like this Nazi Pope, that's for sure. Did you know he's trying to bring Latin mass back? WTF??! (I don't go to church so I don't really care but this is certainly not something that would bring me back.) Anyway, my point would be that this Pope is full of shit. I miss the late one, he was open to all religions,a truly kind and tolerant man.

4:29 AM  
Blogger wakeupandsmellthecoffee said...

No, no, no, Krissie. Have to disagree with you about the last pope. He started the ball rolling with sending the Catholic church back a gazillion years with his stance on birth control. The Nazi is just carrying on where he left off. Darthman, I'll be in heaven before you probably but we can visit.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Mama Bear said...

wakeup, as a mother of three, I'll take birth control over Latin mass any day of the week. Wait, maybe Latin mass is birth control...so mind-numbingly dull that you wouldn't possibly want to get randy. Hmmm...clever pope.

Darth, save me a spot in your Heaven, won't you? If I don't show up, you'll know I'm in Hell for equating Latin mass to birth control.

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home