Wednesday, August 05, 2009

cowgirls espresso

some time ago, i dunno, prolly while my wife was in parts east and my mind had gone on a temporary leave of absence, i mentioned cowgirls espresso, a chain of drive thru coffee huts manned--errr, womanned might be a better term--by ladies in bikinis and lingerie.

you, o beloved non-existent readers, probably don't really remember. it was kinda just a passing mention.

well, as things come full circle, lol, i just saw a 15 minute segment on a show on the travel channel (extreme fast food, i believe it was called) all about my favorite joint to grab a cuppa joe when i am visiting home.

of course, the camera people didn't leave the comforts of seattle for the shabbier realms of tacoma and lakewood to actually visit my personal favorite hut, but still.

nice to see a bit of something i associate with home, and that to me was a clever idea on a local level, achieve a certain amount of national acclaim.

darth sardonic

p.s. the publishers have the magnum crapp--err, The Unfinished Work, and have assured me it went in with the next batch of books to be published. just a waiting game now, o my beloved non-existents, my droogs and only friends. i'll keep you posted.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lara said...

Apologies for my bad memory if you've already mentioned ... who is the publisher and what's the title?

Can't wait to read it.

: )

10:21 AM  
Blogger darth sardonic said...

i forget the publisher's exact name offhand, it's some super small company affiliated with youwriteon. my book's title is the unfinished work.

and i'll let everyone know as soon as it is available.

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home