Wednesday, September 14, 2005

in all fairness

i would recomend reading the comment from inquisitor on my impeachment post, and my replies, before continuing.

i did find this person's blog, after all, by typing the domain name in my address bar. now, here's the rub, we seem to be on the same side, though i use raw emotion to get my point across, and inquisitor seems to use lots of words, most of them large, and a seemingly superior intellect. could it be that the reason we have w for a second term is that the rest of us who feel that having bush as a president in the first place was a big detriment can't seem to get along? my blog was attacked as detracting from the people who really use their blogs as a soapbox. as far as i can tell, blogs are not the basis for any kind of change other than within the minds of the readers, though i would venture a guess that people who don't already agree with us aren't really reading our blogs, so it's more of a place where like-minded people can share their views.

we would share the same sentiments, but because i appear to be "less" educated or informed than, say, inquisitor, i'm taking away from the seriousness of these more intillectual types' blogs? a blog is simply an online diary that others can read. i didn't start mine as a political forum. i started it as a place to bitch about the things that bother me, and to celebrate the things that make me happy.

as a result, i occasionally blog about the government, or the president, and sundry others. i also occasionally blog about scratching my ass, masturbation, drinking too much coffee, and the crazy things that my children do. i mean, my domain name is darth sardonic, for fuck's sake! maybe all within the scope of this little bit of cyberspace might well be taken with a grain of salt.

and i seriously doubt that anyone has snatched up my impeachment post and used it as a basis for generating petitions to be signed, or begun to lobby at congress, or staged a "million-blogger march" or anything of that nature, so lets view my blog for what it is, simply: a spot where i rant and rave about the things that affect me, unread by billions, and making little or no effect on the state of things, except that i feel better having gotten it off my chest.

inquisitor makes many good points in its own blog, if you take the time to wade through the rhetoric. i would suggest checking it out. since i seem to be a threat to the sanctity of what is being said there, i probably won't add it to my "pals" links, you understand.

can't we all just get along?

darth sardonic

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

it seems like blogs are being used for many different things, from keeping up with old friends to soap boxes. I don't think there is a problem with any of it. I read a wide variety of them, from personal blogs to professional theological blogs. I use bloglines to moniter about 20.
To me it is a way to encourage the exchange of ideas, no matter the direction, be it in relation to friends, to rhetoric filled political types. Just a thought.

12:58 PM  
Blogger darth sardonic said...

thank you justin, for reiterating my point.

darth sardonic

6:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I appriciate your sarcasm :)

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home