Thursday, May 17, 2007

my muse left, and took all my cd's

no. 1 is all but registered for kindergarten. regular kindergarten. normal, everyday, regular kid kindergarten. i almost can't wrap my head around it. he will still have speech therapy, though the tests show he is really catching up fast in that department.

we go for kindergarten orientation in a bit. that oughtta be fun.

no. 2 has glasses now, and i swear to christ he is going to fucking kill me with them. he will go to play, and come running back ten minutes later and no glasses.

"where are your glasses?"

"ah dunno dadda."

"well, go find them!"

"okaaaay."

he leaves, and many minutes go by. he comes back. still no glasses.

"where are your glasses?"

"ah dunno."

"sod it, i'll find em myself. jesus christ!"

i will discover them in the grass by the pool with one of the wings bent at an odd angle. i will straighten it. i will then launch into a tirade about taking care of the glasses, and keeping them on his face and so on and so forth. i will look up to see no. 2 staring at me as if i am some kind of mutated rat from another planet that is attempting to communicate in charlie-brown-adult-speak, and he doesn't know whether to bash me with a shovel or run screaming away.

i signed up for suicide girls, and that has been entertaining me some. well, ok, alot. god, i love the girls of suicide girls, and fanny is still my favorite. ahh, sweet fanny...

ummm, err, where was i? oh, yeah.

i was in the process of realizing i didn't have a good ending for this rather shitty little post.

darth sardonic

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger lady macleod said...

I hesitate to go all practical on you after such witty posts, but have you tried those elastic glass hold on the head thingys - I'm sure that is the technical name, you can think of something descriptive to call them. I have seen them in all sorts of colours and designs in the shoppes.

Meanwhile good luck with the insanity.

4:27 PM  
Blogger DJ Kirkby said...

I'm with you on this Darth, number 3 son 'futtin' does my head in with worrying about where he last left his glasses. Cant complain too much I guess 'cos we get them free over here! I think Chopper is hoping number 3 son will lose this latest pair 'cos the frames he chose are bright green and more than a little bit... gay!

4:46 AM  
Blogger darth sardonic said...

lady macleod of the clan macleod (sorry, i am goofy), yes we have one of the elastic band dealyhoppers, but no. 2 pops them off or something.

dj kirby, lol, i hope he breaks them soon too then, since they a bit gay, and it won't cost you to replace them hahahaha. (and yes, i am trepidatious always when it comes to my kids, cause i figure soon everyone is going to figure out they have completely misplaced their faith in my abilities. and i am rarely smug when it comes to my kids, more like relieved that something i pushed for went off without too much battle, lol.)

8:44 AM  
Blogger Keeping It Real said...

We just ordered glasses for our No. 1, almost 14, and I know they'll have to be replaced within the first week of his wearing them. He can't even keep up with his homework, though I guess that's apples and oranges, huh.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home