Sunday, May 06, 2007

getting to know you...

it seems, as a result of some uncontrolled commenting i did on sparx's blog (yes, yes, i will get it added. if not here in the next few, then today for sure), new people are swinging by this small grain of sand on the beach that is the world wide web.

and since i have been doing this for some time, and got most of the "getting to know darth" stuff out of the way in the first year, i feel it might be time to do a recap for the new readers:

i am a huge bucket of conradictions (as if stating this in my "about me" isn't nearly enough.) i am alternately gloomy and joyful. i love life, despise it, hate it, embrace it, look forward to each day with anticipation, dread, and childlike glee. i piss and moan about my life on occasion, all the while completely cognizant of how good i have it.

i am a smartass. duh.

the title "not even star-crossed, just unlucky" is a line from the codiene song, cigarette machine. it is, in my opinion, one of the most clever lines in a song i have ever heard.

i play the bass, the guitar, the drums, and even a bit of keyboards, and make failed attempts to sing. i do it in that order, heh heh. i hope to soon have a music myspace to abuse at least as much as i abuse this blog.

i am a stay-home father for my(our) two children, both boys, that i call nos. 1 and 2 within the confines of this blog, for the sake of their privacy, such as it is, since i elaborate on embarrassing details of their potty-training, therapy, and whatever else.

both of my kids were born early, and as a result, are behind somewhat developmentally. no. 1 is a little delayed in speech, and no. 2 is behind in general. this does NOT mean they are dumb or slow in any kind of way, and i resent it enough to nearly come to blows when people i don't know insinuate that they are based on a quick observation at the park, pool, or in line at the supermarket.

i am: a dork. a punk. a motherfucker. a lazy bastard. a crackah (hahahahaha, or poor white trash that has clawed its way up from the depths, but it still comes out sometimes--you can take the boy out of the trailer, but not the trailer out of the boy.) a fiercely loyal friend who will drop you like hot dogshit if you fuck me over (life is too short to waste on people who don't treat you like you treat them.) a star wars fan (again, duh.) a son. a husband. a father. a pervert (shocking, i know, to discover that a stay-home dad, is still, after all is said and done, a male homo sapien.) a lover. a fighter. a filthy-mouthed intellectual who loves language in it's many and varied forms, from the most refined and educated, right down to the gutter. i do not give a shit what 99.9% of people think about me.

i believe everyone is right. i believe everyone is fucked-up. i believe that we have the god-given right to be both right and fucked-up at the same time, and to shout it loudly from the rooftops. i don't believe "shouting it loudly from the rooftops" means the same thing as "cram it down people's throats."

unfortunately, i also believe that this gives me the right to make fun of you and yours, just as you might do me were you so inclined.

i usually laugh at most of what i find someone has said derrogatorily about me. i am my biggest critic, i also have a sense of humor, which means i can laugh at the stupid shite i do. but, being a bucket of contadictions, i am also amazed to find out the idiotic things i do on a daily basis are being done by people all over the world.

i am a writer that completely embraces both "author intrusion" and "stream-of-conscious."

i am not sure if the periods are actually supposed to go inside either the parentheses or the quotations in most of what i have written in this post. i am also not worried about it; if i ever publish anything (which seems unlikely) most companies hire editors, and i am sure that guy will set me straight. in no uncertain terms, no doubt. and probably at top volume.

i am darth sardonic, welcome to my blog.

and if you don't like anything you have read here, there's the door and you can piss right off.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came upon this blog when I read Krissie's one. My husband is also a stay-at-home dad and guitarplayer/bass player/singer, so I'll stick around and maybe I'll finally find out what goes on in the head of a stay-at-home-dad who's still abig kid at heart.

Erica
The Ramifications of Life

6:41 AM  
Blogger lady macleod said...

I came. I read. I enjoyed.

I shall return.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Krissie said...

You linked me. I thank thee.
BTW, can I just copy-paste what you wrote about yourself into "About me" section?
And if it means anything, I know all of that, I'm reading the whole thing from the beginning...

11:36 AM  
Blogger darth sardonic said...

lol krissie, if ya really wanna, but you probably oughtta come up with your own lol.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Mama Bear said...

My dear gal pals, Krissie and Bel, introduced me to your blog, so here I am daring to tell you that periods always go inside of quotation marks and outside of parentheses. Yep, I'm a smart ass too...hee-haw! :)

6:39 AM  
Blogger lady macleod said...

what are the ages of #1 son and @2 son?

11:00 AM  
Blogger jenny said...

Just the kind of dude I want hanging around my little girls! Pleased to meet ya! And thanks for linking me too!
Oh,oh! You got a little dirt there on your chin....

12:14 PM  
Blogger Keeping It Real said...

Life from a man's point of view ... this has got to be insightful.

8:12 AM  
Blogger darth sardonic said...

lady macleod, no. 1 is 5, and no. 2 is 4. yes, i know. we got slack with the condoms. no. 2 is a very late birthday present to me. aaahhh, i still have fond memories of that bday... er, umm, yeah, so there you have it.

chantay, welcome, hope i don't scare ya off. (not really sure how much enlightenment as to how a man's brain works i can offer). [it looks so wrong putting the period outside of the parentheses. i'm just gonna change my name to e.e. cummings and do what i want lol]

1:16 PM  
Blogger Krissie said...

Well, if you put the entire sentence in the parenthesis like that, as if it has little to do with the rest of the text or it is an explanation, then the period goes in too.
How confused are you now?

1:59 PM  
Blogger emma-lou said...

Hi, I'm a new blogger and have been clicking links all over the place, I came across yours somewhere along the way. I read a little...made a cuppa..put my feet up and read a little more. I shall be back with tea and buscuits to continue...
Really enjoying what you have to say. I just hope I can find you again.

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home