Saturday, July 08, 2006

impaled

earlier today, i was staring out the window next to my computer.

through the branches of several conifers around my house, i could see a patch of clear blue sky.

i thought, "if i pushed off of the window sill hard enough, i bet i could fly right through those branches into that patch of blue."

and, o beloved nonexistant reader, i wouldn't stop until i found a place where i felt i belonged.

someday i'll wish upon a star and wake up where the clouds are far behind me. where trouble melts like lemondrops high above the chimney tops...

darth sardonic

p.s. o beloved, patient, sometimes sad, but always there-for-me nonexistant reader, i was going to leave the post just like that. but just after i posted it, something happened.

no. 2 came out of his bedroom. he's supposed to be sleeping. but i go to lay him back down, and the movie he's watching is messed up.

no. 2 says "oh no dada, oh no."

i fix it.

he says, "bankie dada, bankie."

i get it.

he says, "tank you dada."

and it hits me, i fucking belong right here.

thanks for allowing me to discover it all on my own.

ds

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home